Appearing at the briefing along with Rep. Slaughter are leaders of efforts that have produced an important string of reports on antibiotic overuse — the Pew Commission on Industrial Farm Animal Production and the Extending the Cure project of Resources for the Future:
- Michael Blackwell, DVM, MPH–former Vice Chair, Pew Commission on Industrial Farm Animal Production; Assistant Surgeon General, USPHS (ret.); Former Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN.
- Robert Lawrence, MD–Director, The Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD.
- Ramanan Laxminarayan, PhD, MPH–Senior Fellow, Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics, and Policy, Resources for the Future, Washington, DC
- Robert Martin–Senior officer, Pew Environmental Group; former Executive Director, Pew Commission on Industrial Farm Animal Production, Washington, DC
- Lance Price, PhD– Director, Center for Metagenomics and Human Health, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Flagstaff, AZ
Because the event Wednesday is an informational briefing, not a hearing, I can't find any link for a live webcast. (I'll update if I find one.) But the hearing will be live-tweeted by the staff of the Center for a Livable Future (@LivableFuture) at the hashtag #CLF09. BLOGGERS: They will take tweeted questions toward the end of the hearing, ~10:45 a.m. — use the hashtag.
Post a Comment